20141007

#KNEONKID Achok Majak

| |

Top from Pima Doll, Shorts from Finders Keepers the Label

#KNEONKID Achok Majak is a model from LA. Her smile is contagious and she flourishes amongst greenery.




Do you have any quirks in your daily routine?

I’d say meditating daily. However, when I told my friend that I was going to give that answer, she started laughing and said, “No! You running 10 miles regularly, just for fun, is definitely your quirk.”



Dress from In My Air

Which song always makes you smile?

The Way Make You Make Me Feel by Michael Jackson!!!




How do you perceive growing up?

Growing up is one of the most beautiful and hard things that we ever have to do. Nothing is going to slap you harder in the face than life; but I genuinely look forward to all the experiences, relationships, and growing that comes along with this journey.




Top from G-star Raw, Jeans from One Teaspoon

An unexpected moment that occurred yesterday?

I walked past a man who was sitting in front of his bicycle piled with all of his belongings and cans he had collected. He was sitting in the direction of the sun in full meditation. I was touched to see how even having so little, he looked genuinely peaceful. To me, the humbleness of his moment made his happiness contagious.

Most useful app?

Pandora, because I use it when running and traveling.


Tell us about a creative person you admire?

The Headmaster at my former Middle School. He was a father, friend, mentor, and brother to all of his students. He taught me how me how to love, dream, be powerful, humble, selfless, and adventurous. If you talk to anybody who went to my middle school, they would say the same. I am forever grateful for his teachings.



What is the best thing about living in your city?

The diversity. I never know what to expect in LA… other than traffic!







Photographed by Angela Marklew
Styling by Tiffani Chynel
Manicure by Pilar Lafargue
Make up by Ashley Joy Beck
Kid is Achok Majak (LA Models)



#KNEONKIDS is our spotlight on creative young guns, the girls and boys next door with that crazy cool hobby, the ones in your life who that special ZING that make them oh so Facebook-stalkable. They have an array of interests and talents, dress anything but ordinary, and aren't afraid to dream big.

 
Twitter Facebook Dribbble Tumblr Last FM Flickr Behance